by Patrick Young, Esq. - Blogger
This page indexes articles on Lincoln and immigrants from The Immigrants’ Civil War:
6. Jews Fight the Ban on Rabbis as Chaplains- Lincoln’s role in naming the first Jewish chaplain.
7. Making Immigrant Soldiers into Citizens- Congress and Lincoln changed the immigration laws to meet the needs of a nation at war.
9. Carl Schurz: From Civilian to General in One Day- Lincoln’s political generals.
10. Emancipation 150: “All men are created equal, black and white”- A German immigrant reacts to the Emancipation Proclamation
22. Lincoln Wins the Election of 1864 with Immigrant Votes
Related Blog Posts
Should Lincoln Have Lost His Citizenship?